|Independent Police Review Events
||Citizen Review Committee Meeting
||IRCO Asian Family Center, 8040 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97213
||Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 (meetings are typically held the first Wednesday of each month)
Time: 5:30 pm * Please Note: agenda times are approximate
Location: IRCO Asian Family Center, 8040 NE. Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR
5:30 pm—5:45 pm Introductions and Welcome (CRC Chair Mae Wilson) Approval of February 2015 Meeting Minutes
5:45 pm—6:00 pm Director's Report (IPR Director Constantin Severe)
6:00 pm—6:15 pm Chair's Report (CRC Chair Mae Wilson)
6:15 pm—6:30 pm New Business
1) CRC Retreat
6:30 pm—6:45 pm Old Business
6:45 pm—7:05 pm Workgroup Updates: Please provide the following information —
1) Brief summary of the goals and objectives of your workgroup
2) Date of last meeting
3) Brief summary of the work done at your last meeting
4) Next scheduled meeting
5) Main topic to be discussed/addressed at the next meeting
6) Any assistance fromIPRorCRCneeded to achieve your goals
1. Outreach Workgroup (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Outreach Workgroup, in coordination with the IPR Coordinator, identifies and continually conducts consistent outreach to neighborhood associations, community organizations, and business groups to make the general public aware of the existence of the Citizen Review Committee and its role in police oversight.
Members: Mae Wilson and Bridget Donegan
IPR staff: Irene Konev, Community Outreach Coordinator
2. Recruitment, Retention and Promotion (PortlandPolice Bureau) (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Recruitment, Retention and Promotion Workgroup examines existing policies and practices of the Portland Police Bureau in recruiting, retaining and promoting its members, and formulates policy recommendations where needed.
Chair: Vacant/ Members: James Young
IPR staff: Anika Bent-Albert, Assistant Director
3. Recurring Audit (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Recurring Audit Workgroup seeks to improve accountability of IPR and the Portland Police Bureau by reviewing closed cases to ensure procedures, policies and protocols are followed and will recommend improvements, if necessary.
Chair: Vacant / Members: Rodney Paris
IPR staff: Derek Reinke, Senior Management Analyst
4. Use of Deadly Force Workgroup (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Use of Deadly Force Workgroup examines Portland Police Bureau use of deadly force policies, directives, training and implementation in order to recommend and support any needed change in Portland Police Bureau use of deadly force.
Chair: Vacant / Members: James Young, and David Green
IPR Staff: Derek Reinke, Senior Management Analyst
7:05 pm—7:35 pm Public comment and wrap-up comments by CRC members
A request for an interpreter or assisted listening device for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made prior to the meeting—please call the IPR main line 823-0146 (or TYY 503-823-6868).
Visit the website for more information regarding the Independent Police Review, Citizen Review Committee, protocols, CRC meeting schedules, and approved minutes: www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/ipr.
1. If you know you will not be able to attend a CRC meeting or that you will be missing a significant amount of a meeting, please call or e-mail IPR in advance so that the CRC Chair may be made aware of your expected absence.
2. After this meeting, please return your folder so IPR staff can use it for document distribution at the next CRC meeting.
*Note: agenda item(s) as well as the meeting date, time, or location may be subject to change.