|Independent Police Review Events
||Citizen Review Committee Meeting
||Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2015 (meetings are typically held the first Wednesday of each month)
Time: 5:30 pm * Please Note: agenda times are approximate
Location: Q Center 4115 N. Mississippi Avenue, Portland, OR
5:30 pm—5:45 pm Introductions and Welcome (CRC Chair Mae Wilson) Approval of August 5, 2015 Meeting Minutes
5:45 pm—6:00 pm Director's Report (IPR Director Constantin Severe)
6:00 pm—6:15 pm Chair's Report (CRC Chair Mae Wilson)
6:15 pm—6:30 pm New Business
6:30 pm—6:45 pm Old Business
6:45 pm—7:05 pm Workgroup Updates: Please provide the following information —
1) Brief summary of the goals and objectives of your workgroup
2) Date of last meeting
3) Brief summary of the work done at your last meeting
4) Next scheduled meeting
5) Main topic to be discussed/addressed at the next meeting
6) Any assistance from IPR or CRC needed to achieve your goals
1. Outreach Workgroup (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Outreach Workgroup engages the community to raise awareness about the Citizen Review Committee (CRC), gather concerns about police services and accountability, and identify issues for the CRC to address.
Chair: Angelo Turner/ Members: Mae Wilson, David Green, and Julie Ramos
IPR staff: Irene Konev, Community Outreach Coordinator
2. Directive Workgroup (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Directive Workgroup reviews bureau directives open for public comment and submits public comment to the bureau.
Chair: Bridget Donegan / Members:
IPR staff: Constantin Severe, IPR Director
3. Recurring Audit (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Recurring Audit Workgroup seeks to improve accountability of IPR and the Portland Police Bureau by reviewing closed cases to ensure procedures, policies and protocols are followed and will recommend improvements, if necessary.
Chair: Mae Wilson / Members: Vanessa Yarie
IPR staff: Derek Reinke, Senior Management Analyst
4. Standard of Review (5 min.)
Chair: Vacant / Members: Julie Falk, Kiosha Ford, Roberto Rivera, Kristin Malone, and James Young
5. Use of Deadly Force Workgroup (5 min.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The Use of Deadly Force Workgroup examines Portland Police Bureau use of deadly force policies, directives, training and implementation in order to recommend and support any needed change in Portland Police Bureau use of deadly force.
Chair: David Denecke / Members: James Young, and David Green
IPR Staff: Derek Reinke, Senior Management Analyst
7:05 pm—7:35 pm Public comment and wrap-up comments by CRC members
A request for an interpreter or assisted listening device for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made prior to the meeting—please call the IPR main line 823-0146 (or TYY 503-823-6868).
Visit the website for more information regarding the Independent Police Review division, Citizen Review Committee, protocols, CRC meeting schedules, and approved minutes: www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/ipr.
1. If you know you will not be able to attend a CRC meeting or that you will be missing a significant amount of a meeting, please call or e-mail IPR in advance so that the CRC Chair may be made aware of your expected absence.
2. After this meeting, please return your folder so IPR staff can use it for document distribution at the next CRC meeting.
*Note: agenda item(s) as well as the meeting date, time, or location may be subject to change.