Who Are We?
The goal of DEEP is to support the Mayor’s Office in creating a supportive and inclusive work environment. DEEP will be establishing mentoring and networking opportunities for all City employees. Some of the goals that DEEP will strive to implement will be:
- Assistance with diversity events
- Peer support on an individual or affinity group basis
- Interview panel resources
- Retention & recruitment strategies
Affinity Group Objectives
The affinity groups should share numerous objectives:
- To provide a network of employees to promote professional development and advancement; to foster mentor relationships;
- To encourage all employees to value their respective groups’ uniqueness and contribution to the City;
- To discourage stereotyping;
- To promote a positive work environment;
- To bring to the attention of top management the concerns of their respective groups;
- To work with other entities to address broader organizational and community concerns.