Register for Clean River Rewards
Online registration is only available for single-family homes and duplexes. All other account classes must register using the Commercial Registration Form found below. Please call 503-823-1371 for additional assistance.
- Have a recent copy of your city utility bill available. You will need your account number and bill number (located in the upper right-hand corner of your bill).
- Click the registration link: https://ucs.portlandonline.com/webinquiry/JSP/login.lgn to display the Portland Online log-on screen.
- Enter your Portland Online User ID and Password. If you don't have a free Portland Online account, follow the instructions to set up a new account.
- Enter your city Utility Account Number and Bill Identification Number from a recent city utility bill. This allows secure access to your utility account information.
- Click on your account name and number under the "Accounts you can access" heading. If the list includes several accounts, select the account used to bill your stormwater management charges.
- Wait for the "Utility Account Details" window to open.
- Click the "Clean River" box to the left of your screen to open the online registration form.
- Follow the instructions and register for Clean River Rewards.
Register by Mail
If you prefer to register by mail, download the residential or commercial registration form or call 503-823-1371 to order a registration packet. Mail completed forms to:
Clean River Rewards
PO Box 4470
Portland, Oregon 97208-4470
Print a copy of the registration form or call 503-823-1371 to have a copy mailed to you. Fill it out ahead of time to use as a reference for internet registrations.
- Residential Registration Form: The single family residential form is short and simple. Identify how you manage stormwater runoff from your roof and count the number of trees on your property that are at least 15 feet tall. Click here for further instructions.
- Commercial Registration Form: The commercial registration is more detailed. You need to measure building footprints and any paved areas on your property. Your commercial utility bill includes the billed impervious area for each property as a reference. You will need to count the number of trees on your property that are taller than 15 feet.
Need Additional Help?
Call 503-823-1371 to request additional assistance.
Having trouble paying your city utility bill? The city offers assistance for qualified households.
Use the discount calculators to help determine how much of a discount you qualify for, and how much your discount improves as you increase your stormwater management. The commercial discount calculator is a Microsoft Excel document, so you must have MS Excel installed to use this calculator. The first Excel worksheet of the commercial calculator has the calculator instructions.
Residential Calculator: If you have a single family or duplex property, use the residential calculator. For residential properties, the discount is based on how much of your roof runoff you manage on your property. There are additional credits (not to exceed the maximum 100% discount on the on-site stormwater charges) for additional stormwater management options if you cannot manage all of your roof runoff.
Commercial Calculator: Download the commercial calculator if you have a multifamily (3 or more units), commercial, industrial or institutional property. For commercial properties, the discount is based on how much and how well you manage stormwater runoff from roof and paved areas. You will need to know your total square footage of impervious areas (roofs, paved areas, parking lots, pathways), what kind of stormwater management facilities you have on site, how much developed area each stormwater management facility manages, and the size of each stormwater management facility.
The questions on the calculators are similar to those on the registration form.