Last Updated on May 23, 2013
Downtown construction projects
The following projects are listed by avenues first, east to west, and streets next, north to south. These projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- SW Alder, 10th to 9th: full block project, remodel of existing building. Sidewalk closed, intermittent lane closure and parking removed on south side Alder between 10th and 9th. Projected completion June 2013.
- SW Yamhill, 5th to 4th: sidewalks closed on Yamhill, on west side of 4th north half of block for tenant improvement. Intermittent lane closure on west side of 4th between Taylor and Yamhill 7am-4pm for deliveries. Contact is Hoffman Construction, Geoff Christie at 503.710.6902. Projected completion is early 2014.
Utility Work, Crane Lifts, & Other Use Resulting in Lane or Street Closures
The following streets (listed by avenues first, from east to west, and streets next, from north to south) are expected to have impacts from private construction, utility work, crane lifts:
- SW Naito Parkway, Clay to Columbia: June 8-9, right northboud lane closed for load in/out to park
- SW 2nd, Main to Salmon: May 13-30, 7am-3pm, intermittent left lane closed
- SW 3rd, Morrison to Yamhill: May 23, 9am-noon, right lane closed
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: May 23, all hrs, right lane closed for buses
- SW 5th, College to Jackson: May 28-29, 7am-4pm, left lanes closed
- SW Broadway, Taylor to Salmon: May 23-24, 9am-3pm, center lane closed for utility work
- SW 9th, Oak to Stark: May 15-24, lane closed, one lane open by using parking lane on right side of street
- SW 11th, Morrison to Yamhill: May 28, 8am-1pm, left lane closed
- West Burnside, 6th to 9th: April 23-May 30, one west bound lane closed, one block at a time for utility work
- NW Flanders, 9th to 10th: May 29, 6am-3pm full street closure for crane lift
- West Burnside, 9th to Park: May 9-30, one east bound lane closed for utility work
- SW Oak, Broadway to Park: April 25-May 21, 9am-4pm, bikes & vehicles share one lane closed for utility work
- SW Stark, 10th-9th: May 22-23, bikes & vehicles share one lane for street paving
- SW Yamhill, 5th to 4th: April 29-May 30, all hours, street closed except for lightrail for construction demolition
- SW Main, 5th to Broadway: May 29, 6am-2pm, right lane closed for crane lift
- SW Madison, 3rd to 4th: May 20-24, 9am-5pm, one lane closed at a time to work on elk statue
- SW Madison, 2nd to 1st: May 8-30, 7am-4pm, intermittent lane closure for concrete work at adjacent building
- SW Jefferson, 5th to 6th: May 28, 7am-10am, left lane closed
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall & Keller Auditorium Buses Parking for School Performances
Keller Auditorium Stage Set Load in / out
PCPA -- Performance load in / out; effective: 5/27-28; 6/2; 6/24-25; 6/30
- SW 3rd, Clay to Market: right lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- SW Clay, 3rd to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except am peak of Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am
- SW Market, 4th to 2nd: left lane closed, valid all hours except pm peak of Mon-Fri, 3:30pm to 6:30pm
SW Main Street (gates), SW Broadway to Park: closures for performances & events:
- Thursday, 5/23: Gate closed 9am to 1:30pm & 7pm-10pm
- Friday, 5/24: Gate closed 7:30am to 5pm & 6pm to 10:30pm
- Saturday, 5/25: Gate closed 9am to 11:30am & 1pm to 3pm & 6pm to 10pm
- Sunday, 5/26: Gate closed 1pm to 3:30pm
- Monday, 5/27: Gate closed from 6pm to 10pm
- Tuesday, 5/28: Gate closed from 9am to 1:30pm
- Wednesday, 5/29: Gate closed from 9am to 1:30pm and from 6pm to 8pm
- Thursday, 5/30: Gate closed from 9am to 1:30pm
- Friday, 5/31: Gate closed from 9am to 1:30pm
- Saturday, 6/1: Gate closed from 1pm to 3:30pm and from 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Sunday, 6/2: Gate closed from 1pm to 3:30pm
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge updates
One-Time and/or Ongoing Community and Special Events
The First Thursday of the Month through 11/7/13 2pm-11pm: Urban Art Network First Thursday Street Gallery closes NW 13th between Hoyt abd Kearney, May through October. For the months of August and September have NW 13th closed between NW Kearney and Lovejoy as well.
Wednesdays, Through 10/30/13, 7am-4pm: Portland Farmers Market closes SW Main St between W Park and E Park for Portland Farmers Market at Shemanski Park.
Saturday, 6/1/13 8am through Sunday, 6/2/13 10am: The Art Institute of Portland closes NW Overton St between 13th and 14th for the Art Institute of Portland - Drawing the Line Fashion Show.
Saturday, 6/16 7am through Monday, 6/17/13 1am: Scandals closes SW Stark between 11th and 12th for Taking Pride on Stark.
Friday, 6/28/13, Noon-12:10am: Vital Life closes NW Overton between 13th Ave and 14th Ave for the BridgeTown Bash.
Wednesdays, 7/10/13, 7/17/13, 7/24/13, 7/31/13, Noon-10pm: Ecotrust closes NW Irving and NW Johnson both between 9th Ave and 10th Ave for the Ecotrust Sundown Concert Series.
Click here for Citywide fairs and events
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
To receive automated notices about large special events that will have traffic impacts, simply use the Portland "subscribe" option and subscribe to Transportation.
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.