MANAGEMENT GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Long-Term Goals The Office of the City Attorney has established six management goals, which support the City goal of delivering efficient, effective, and accountable municipal services.
Program: Legal Services
- City Attorney goal 1: Ensure timely and knowledgeable legal advice to council and bureaus.
~ This will be achieved by performing top quality and professional work that is unaffected by politics or personalities.
- City Attorney goal 2: Pursue aggressive cost controls and expenditure restrictions to decrease costs and promote efficiencies.
~ This initiative includes reducing reliance on outside counsel services that are more expensive to the City and updating office technology to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
- City Attorney goal 3: Identify legal risks.
~ Identify legal risks and remedy legal problems, while nonetheless encouraging prudent risk taking. When the City encounters legal obstacles, propose alternative, legally acceptable ways to accomplish public objectives.
- City Attorney goal 4: Promote workplace diversity.
~ Provide training and advice to assist in implementation of City policies on workplace diversity, and provide opportunities to increase office diversity as well as provide for office personnel to participate in Citywide diversity and training activities.
- City Attorney goal 5: Provide cross training to bureaus.
~ Provide cross-bureau training, advice, and legal representation to assure consistent and coordinated City services and management of City operations.
- City Attorney goal 6: Provide excellent customer service.
~ Provide courteous and timely referrals and response to citizen inquiries.