Plan Submittal - What do I need to provide to get a building permit?
The following checklist is a general outline of what will be asked for at plan submittal.
- A completed building permit application form
- Any required attachments
- The amount of the intake fees, get a residential fee estimate
- A description of the scope of work proposed. For example: bedroom and bathroom addition to a single family residence.
- A description of all plumbing, mechanical and electrical work you will be doing
- The contractor's name and state license (CCB) number if a contractor will be doing the work
- The fair market value for the completed project. The fair market value includes the cost of materials and labor that would typically be charged to complete a project of this type, even if you plan to do all of the work yourself
- You will meet with a member of the Zoning staff to review for compliance with the zoning code
- A life safety reviewer will check for essential structural, fire/life safety and energy conservation information
For more information on plan submittal, visit the Development Services Center or call (503)-823-7310.