Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Signs & Other Permits

Permits related to sign installation, zoning and running a business out of your home.

Accessory Short-Term Rental Permits

The City of Portland recently adopted new regulations that define what is allowed as an Accessory Short-Term Rental (ASTR) in the Portland Zoning Code Section 33.207. There are two types of ASTRs, each with a specific permitting processes.

Tree Permits/Questions

A permit from either Portland Parks & Recreation Urban Forestry or the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) may be required to do tree work, including planting, pruning, or removing trees within the City of Portland.

Home Occupation Permits

Permit and enforcement standards for home occupation permits.

Adult Foster Care

The Bureau of Development Services (BDS) performs electrical and housing inspections in conjunction with Multnomah County's Adult Care Home Program (ACHP).