The Resource/Records counter provides access to a variety of building records, publications, maps and other construction related information. At the Resource/Records counter you can research permit and construction information, use the self-service information center, and purchase building and land use related documents.
The Resource/Records counter is located in the Development Services Center
. The Resource/Records staff can be contacted at (503) 823-7660.
- To verify the occupancy of a building. For example, determine if the building is a legal duplex, tri-plex or accessory dwelling unit.
- To check the occupancy type of a building. For example, conduct research on a building to determine what type of business can be located in the structure.
- To verify that work was done legally and correctly. For example, conduct research on a building to determine if permits exist for remodeling work that has been done.
- To verify the sanitary system the property is using. For example, research a property to determine if it is connected to the City sewer system or if it has a septic tank.
- To look up code or map information. The Resource/Records counter provides publications, maps and other construction related information for public use.
The Resource/Records counter maintains permit and construction information for buildings in the City of Portland. Permit, construction and plan information may be available depending upon the year of construction.
Permit and construction information may include:
- Building permits
- Structural plans
- Electrical permits
- Plumbing permits
- Sanitation records
- Sewer information
- Sign permits
Computers are available for customers to use to view TRACS, the City permitting database, Garth, the City GIS system, and PortlandMaps. Code, map and permit information is also available to be viewed in the Development Service Center.
Information available includes:
- Building Code books, historic to current
- Zoning Code books, historic to current
- Flood Plain Maps
- Daily list of issued permits
The Resource/Records counter has planning and zoning, environmental services, and construction related documents available for purchase.
Documents available for purchase include: