New Construction Permit
A residenital/commercial installation permit is required for all new single family construction and new commercial/multi-family construction.
- An application to install a new on-site sewage disposal system (installation permit) requires a Sanitation Permit Application
- You will need an approved Land Feasibility Study to submit with your installation permit application
- You must be both the owner and occupant of the house in order to do the installation work yourself. This work may not be done on a dwelling that is now or will be for sale, lease, rent or exchange in the near future.
- For other residential or commercial properties, a licensed State of Oregon, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) installer must do the installation
- If you have any questions, please call the Environmental Soils Section at (503) 823-6892
- Note there is also a Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) surcharge is to be paid along with the fee
Along with the completed permit application, the following items are needed:
- Land Feasibilty Study Number
- Scaled legible site plan showing all existing and proposed structures, proposed septic system, and private well (if applicable)
- Detailed floor plan
Plan review for an installation permit takes approximately 21 working days if the application is complete.
The Bureau of Development Services review groups that will review the installation permit application are:
- Planning and Zoning
- Sanitarian Review
- Plumbing Review
- The approved permit will be mailed to the applicant. The permit must be posted on the job site.
- If the application is incomplete, you will be notified by Environmental Soils staff and asked to submit the necessary corrections
- After the corrections are received, your application will be reviewed again
- When you receive the permit, you may call to schedule an inspection at (503) 823-7000
- For more information on Sanitation Inspections, call (503) 823-6892