- You will need to decommission your existing system if:
- It has failed
- You are selling your house and it is a requirement of sale
- You need to connect to the City sewer
- You have a demolition permit and will need to decommission an on-site sewage disposal system
- A decommission permit requires a sanitation evaluation application
- You must be both the owner and occupant of the house in order to do the work yourself
- For other residential or commercial properties, a licensed State of Oregon, Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) installer must do the installation
- If you have any questions, please call the Environmental Soils Section at (503) 823-6892.
Bring your application and fees to the Development Services Center for processing. If complete, your permit will be issued over the counter.
The decommission permit application is reviewed over the counter.
When the cesspool or septic tank is pumped and filled with required material, you may call to schedule an inspection. When the inspection has been approved, you may cover the cesspool or septic tank.