BDS Information Technology Advancement Project (ITAP)
The Information Technology Advancement Project (ITAP) will move the City's development
review process to a paperless system. The paperless process will allow complete online access to the City bureaus' permitting and case services. Go-live is currently scheduled for December 2015.
- Digitization of historical permit and property information.
Scan current paper, microfilm and microfiche historical records into the City's eFiles system (TRIM) managed by the Auditor's office.
- Online access to historical permit and property information.
Provide access to these records to staff via the ePermit system and customers through PortlandMaps.
- Implementation of an updated building permit information system.
Migrate the TRACS permit system and electronic data to the State ePermit system.
- Online permit application and plan review services.
Allow complete digital processing of plan review services with online submission, review, approval and issuance.
- Mobile online access for field staff.
Mobile device for field staff to access their work assignments, as well as search plan review and inspection records and access office services such as email and messaging.
- Implementation of an automated queuing system.