Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300

TTY : 503-823-6868

1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

Useful Brochures for Small Business

Home Occupations

Businesses operated out of your home may require a permit from the City of Portland. Restrictions applyregarding type of businesses allowed, onsite employees, customer traffic, etc.

Food Establishments (Commercial Food Establishments #32)

Businesses that prepare, package, serve, store, or otherwise provide food or beverages for public consumption are food establishments and have specific requirements.

Vending Carts (Vending Carts on Private Property #31)

Vending carts on private property may require a building permit.

Change of Occupancy #30

Expanding, remodeling or changing your small business location may require site upgrades and/or a change of occupancy, which is a change from the building/site?s original use.

Exterior Signs (Sign Code Guides, Signs: Portable and Temporary #33)

The types and amount of signage allowed for your business depends on the zoning, lot size, building size and if there is more than one business at the site.