Check Permit Status
Information available through the Permit/Case search is for permits and land use cases since January 1, 2000. For information on permits or cases before January 1, 2000 visit the Resource/Records desk at the Development Services Center.
2 Steps to use Permit/Cases search tool:
- Use the Permit/Case Search link above or go to https://www.portlandmaps.com/maps/bds.
- Select from the four choices across the top of the page: address, application number, IVR number or map explorer.
- Address: Enter an address or portion of an address and click "go."
- Application Number: Enter the two-digit year and six-digit permit case/number (02-123456) and click "go."
- IVR (Inspection Request System) number: The IVR number is the unique identifier the Bureau assigns to the permit or case. Enter the six or seven digit IVR number and click "go."
- Map explorer: You will be directed to the map explorer page. Use the arrows to the right to enlarge or decrease the size of the map. Click directly on the map to locate a property. Once you have located a property, click on it (property should turn red) and then click on "Permit/Case Search."
If you have problems searching by address try the following:
- Enter less information in the search criteria. Instead of entering 1234 NE 4th Avenue, enter NE 4th Avenue and click "go." A list of addresses will appear. Check to see if one of these addresses is the property you are looking for. If so, click on the address.
- Search for the address using Portland Maps.
Once you have found the address, click on the Permit/Case link.
For additional help visit the Development Services Center or call (503) 823-7310.
Permits and cases available via the Permit/Case search include:
Residential & Commercial Structural
Residential & Commercial Plumbing
Residential & Commercial Electrical
Residential & Commercial Mechanical
Manufactured Home in Park or Individual Lot
Planning and Zoning Cases
Land Use Reviews