Research - What do I need for my project?
Know Your Lot:
- What is the address?
- What is the tax account number? (Call Multnomah County at (503) 988-3326)
- What is the legal description of the property?
- What is the owner's name & address?
- Are there services to the property including fire access, water supply, public streets, sanitary sewer and stormwater facilities?
- Check with the Bureaus of: Parks and Recreation, Environmental Services, Water, Fire and the Department of Transportation to see if other City regulations such as street trees, a new driveway or system development charges will apply.
- Check with the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality, the Multnomah County Health Department, the Oregon Department of Transportation, and local water and drainage districts to see what regulations would apply.
- Is there a permit history on the existing building?
More information on how to Research a Property.
Most of the information about your property and building is available at the Resource/Records Counter at the Development Services Center. If you are looking for a list of permits and land use reviews for a particular property, you can find them at our Permit/Case Search or on Portland Maps.
For more information, visit the plan review staff at the Development Services Center or call (503) 823-7310.
After you have collected the information and documents about your property then you are ready for Planning and Zoning.