The Bureau of Development Services Small Business Assistance Team was invited to partner with the Small Business Administration to help market and assist in finding qualified candidates to participate in their Emerging 200 Training program for small business owners and CEO's.
The goal of the SBA e200 initiative is to identify 200 inner-city businesses across the country that show a high potential for growth. This program will provide participants with a network, resources and motivation required to build a sustainable business of size and scale within a designated inner-city geographic location.
The SBA is currently looking for 20 Businesses in the Portland area that meet the following criteria:
- Located in the inner-city specified by their maps
- Visit SBA Website
- Annual revenues of at least $400,000
- In business for 3 years or more
The training investment for Owners/CEO's is:
- 100 hours of time and commitment (April 15th - November 18th)
- 40 hours of class instruction
- 40 hours of prep and homework
- 12 hours of "CEO Mentoring" group work
If you are interested please contact SBA's District Director Harry Dewolf at (503) 326-5221 or BDS Small Business Liaison Tiffani Penson at (503) 823-1109 by March 27th.