The Committee provides public input into the development review process by:
- Providing leadership and expertise on issues affecting development;
- Providing feedback to Bureaus, Review Bodies, and City Council on the impact of potential regulations and administrative rules on the development review process, taking into consideration the full range of City goals and objectives;
- Providing recommendations for regulatory, code, and administrative rule changes affecting the development review process;
- Monitoring the application and enforcement of regulations for their effectiveness in achieving the City's development goals;
- Recommending customer service, permitting, process, and compliance improvements to Bureaus, Review Bodies, and/or City Council;
- Serving as an advisory board to Development Review Directors and Bureaus on development review processes and procedures;
- Providing input to ensure budgets of development review agencies are adequate to meet service goals and desired system outcomes.