The following information must be submitted when applying for a permit to add a dormer or second floor to an existing one or two family dwelling. Since every project is unique, there may be some situations where you will be asked to provide additional information.
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Four sets of complete Construction Drawings, including Site, Architectural and Structural plans as listed in our Dormer Additions Submittal Guidelines
- Completed Residential Energy Efficiency Additional Measures Requirements form
- Completed Residential Fixtures Worksheet for Additions or Remodeling, if you will be applying for Plumbing, Electrical, or Mechanical permits at the same time.
Additional required materials depending on the scope of work, or specific site conditions:
- Completed Neighborhood Notice Certification Form, along with a copy of the Neighborhood Notification email, if your project qualifies as a Major Addition.
- Certification Regarding Asbestos and Lead Based Paint, if your project qualifies as a Major Addition.
To submit for a permit, bring the above materials along with intake fees to the Development Services Center.
If you are hiring sub-contractors to do work on your project, and know who they are when applying, they will be listed on your permit at that time. If you don't know when you apply for your permit, they can be added after issuance. Sub-contractors you hire must be registered with the State of Oregon and carry a current CCB license.