Manufactured dwelling installation is governed by the Oregon Manufactured Dwelling Standard (OMDS) and City Title 24.90.
The State of Oregon reviews and inspects the construction of manufactured structures. The City of Portland reviews and inspects the structural support of the structure, and any site-built elements such as stairs, decks, patio covers and garages.
There are three different permit types for manufactured dwellings:
- MI (Manufactured Dwellings on an Individual Lot)
- MP (Manufactured Dwellings in Parks)
- RS (Residential) for accessory structures (these structures must be constructed per the International One and Two Family Dwelling Code)
A building permit is required when installing a manufactured home. Depending on the scope of work, your project may also require electrical, plumbing or mechanical permits.
Any accessory structures, site built additions or alterations to existing homes will be reviewed under provisions in the Oregon Residential Specialty Code. View more information on building codes.
It is recommended to visit or call the Planning and Zoning staff (503) 823-7526 and Buildings staff (503) 823-7310 at the Development Services Center early in the planning of your project.
- Find out how to research your property and where to locate the information in preparation for your permit application
- Find out how to determine the System Development Charges
- Determine what your residential fees will be