Inspections are required for all sign and awning permits. Call for inspections at the following points in the project:
- Prior to pouring footings for freestanding signs;
- After installation of wall anchors for fascia or projecting signs, but before the sign is attached; and
- When the project is completed.
- Additional inspections may be required due to the complexity of the project.
To request an inspection , call (503) 823-7000 and select:
- 400 - Sign footings
- 405 - Electrical service - sign
- 410 - Sign structure
- 999 - Final permit
A special inspection may be required for complex signs as specified in the Oregon Structural Specialty Code. Notice will be given to the applicant as part of the engineering review process. When a special inspection is required, it must be performed by a City of Portland certified testing agency. For more information about special inspections call (503) 823-7782.