Plumbing permits not needing plan review are usually issued the same or following day after receipt of the application. A copy of the issued permit will be mailed to you.
Plumbing plan review is required for:
- The alteration, addition or remodel of new installations of the plumbing systems which exceed five new fixtures (excluding water heaters)
- A plumbing system which is designed for food service facilities regardless of the number of fixtures
- Medical gas and vacuum systems
- 13D fire sprinkler systems
If plan review is required, the following information is needed:
- Drawings shall comply with the Oregon State Plumbing Specialty Code
- Four (4) sets of plumbing plans shall be submitted on substantial paper
- Plumbing plans shall contain the following information:
- A plan drawn to scale showing the location of all the plumbing fixtures and the location of the rain drains or roof drains. Provide the elevation of the lowest floor containing plumbing fixtures or drains.
- Site or plot plan showing the following information:
- Size, location, depth of burial and type of material of the storm sewer and sanitary sewer from the building to the point of disposal
- Size, location, water pressure, depth of burial and type of material of the water line from the building to the property line or water supply
- Provide the elevation of the street or road to which the building sewers drain
- If the street or road elevation is the same elevation as the lowest floor level, or higher, show the elevation of the next upstream manhole cover of the public sewer
A drawing showing the size and type of material for the drainage system, venting system, storm water system, hot and cold water piping, 13D fire sprinkler systems and medical gas vacuum systems in or adjacent to the building. Medgas plans are required to be stamped by an Oregon registered professional engineer.
- A riser diagram supplied for a building three stories or more in height for the drainage system, vent system and storm water system showing size of lines and type of material
- A riser diagram supplied for a building three stories or more in height for hot and cold water piping, including size, type of material, pressure available, height and required pressure for specific installations
- A copy of the specifications describing fixtures, appliances, roof drains and other appurtenances supplied
Food Service Establishments
Approval by the Multnomah County Health Department, (503) 988-3400, or the Oregon State Agriculture Dept. (503) 986-4720, shall be obtained prior to the plumbing plan review for all proposed food service establishments.