BDS is eagerly anticipating an opportunity that we'll have on July 12, 2007 to host two Beijing City government officials and two senior executives from a large government real estate development firm.
BDS' Andy Peterson, Development Services Manager; Eric Engstrom, Land Use Services Section Manager; Mark Bello, Senior Planner and Nora Mullane, Process Management Section Manager will be presenting the following information during their visit:
- Permit application and approval procedures for a new residential and commercial building in the City of Portland
- Procedure of receiving permission for building a new large scale residential and commercial community like the South Waterfront Project
- Difference between the roles of City of Portland government, State of Oregon and Multnomah County pertaining to regulations and permissions on land use
- Most frequently enforced zoning issues and the flexibility to proposed changes
- How involved citizens are in these projects
Our guests will be touring the Development Services Center between 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. If staff are present at that time, please welcome them.
If you have any questions or you are interested in arranging a tour and presentation like this, contact Tiffani Penson, Program Outreach Coordinator at (503) 823-1109.
Submitted by Tiffani Penson
BDS Outreach Program Coordinator