On October 24, 2007 the Bureau of Development Services went live with several customer service improvements related to the final plat review process. As the last step of the land division process, the final plat survey must meet all technical requirements and all conditions of approval from the preliminary land use case must be satisfied prior to City approval and County Recording.
BDS has been continuously refining the review process since October 2007. Key improvements include:
- a shortened service bureau review of plats to an average of 14 days for each review period;
- making the review status and responses visible from the BDS website
- http://www.cgis.ci.portland.or.us/maps/bds ; and
- reducing turn-around times and the number of paper copies submitted through electronic routing of plans.
Working together, BDS and other City Bureaus have significantly reduced review timelines for final plats - on average by 53 days. The improved timelines are largely attributed to:
- improved bureau coordination;
- the customer’s increased access to the status of the plat review; and
- the addition of a Final Plat Coordinator to increase our contact with customers and provide assistance with final plat review requirements.
The BDS Land Division Section is presenting an instructional session and overview of the improvements to the Final Plat process. At this session, new updates and resources will be highlighted. There will also be a discussion of possible next steps for process improvements and opportunity for customers to provide feedback on the current Final Plat process. This presentation is intended for surveyors and consultants that have been through the City’s Final Plat process.
The presentation will be held from 12:00-1:00 pm on Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 1900 SW 4th Ave, 2nd Floor, Conf. Room 2500 B. Please RSVP by August 4, 2008 at 503-823-7617.
If you have any questions about the final plat process, please contact the Final Plat Hotline at 503-823-7617 or Kimberly Parsons, Land Division Section Manager, at 503-823-0977.