Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

Development Services

From Concept to Construction

Phone: 503-823-7300


1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

City hires contractor to stabilize SW Portland hillside

1 Comment

Portland Tribune website screenshotPortland’s Bureau of Development Services is hiring a contractor to help shore up the hillside on Southwest Burlingame Place where a landslide destroyed a house in the early morning hours of Oct. 8.

Ross Caron, bureau spokesman, said a contractor would work with city geotechnical engineers to prevent the hillside from sliding further or doing more damage to the area.

“Once they’re onboard, the contractor will work with our folks installing temporary slope stabilization measures like laying down plastic sheeting over the hillside landscape that will be anchored to prevent more sliding,” Caron said.

The contractor also will install a temporary drainage system to reroute water off the hillside to Southwest Terwilliger Boulevard, he said.

“It’s probably a good couple of days work,” Caron said.

The contractor hopes to have the hillside stabilized and drainage systems in place before heavy rain hits the area, which could happen early next week, he said.

The temporary protection measures will stay in place while the bureau works with property owners and their representatives to make permanent repairs. [Read full article]

Pamplin Media Group,

Portland Tribune - October 17, 2008

1 Comment


Kris Schade

February 18, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Never hire STERLING POND to refinish or install your next floor. They leave everything disassembled along with the mess. They will not finish to suit unless you submit to the stick up and pay before they are done.

Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site.
Report Abuse (Please include the specific topic and comment for the fastest response/resolution.)

Post a Comment
E-mail (visible to admins only)
 Remember Info Yes   No
Spam Prevention In the Pacific Northwest, what state is Portland in?