We are now integrating the initial work on the strategic plan with the development of our budget request for FY 2009-10, which is due in February.
Action Plans Drafted - From late September through October, planning teams of BDS employees drafted Action Plans for the seven key focus areas:
- Successful Partnerships
- Customer Experience
- Workforce Development
- Residential Remodel & Alteration
- Sustainable Development
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
Focus Groups - The draft Action Plans were presented at three focus group meetings with bureau stakeholders, including customers, DRAC, the BDS Industry Council, and Neighborhood Association representatives. Feedback from those meetings has been compiled and is going to the planning teams and bureau senior managers.
- After the bureau's budget request has been prepared, the planning teams and senior managers will reconvene to review feedback from the focus groups and other sources and add their input.
- BDS Director Paul Scarlett will review all the recommendations and finalize changes to the Action Plans.
- The revised plans will then be published and circulated to employees and stakeholders for final comments.
- After the final comment period, the planning teams and senior managers will reconvene to review any comments received and give input on any final changes.
- Director Scarlett will finalize any changes and the final plan will be published in Spring 2009.
We Need Your Input!
To produce a relevant and practical strategic plan we need perspectives and ideas from our stakeholders.
Please provide feedback at the strategic plan Web site http://www.portlandonline.com/bds/strategicplan
or contact Mark Fetters, Project Lead at (503) 823-1028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.