Service Level Update:
Temporary Service Availability Changes to Development Services Center
May 27, 2010. Continued budgetary constraints have necessitated further staffing reduction within the Plan Review & Permitting and Land Use Services Divisions at the Bureau of Development Services. In order to maintain the highest level of service possible with limited resources, service availability changes in the Development Services Center (DSC) and Permitting Services, located at 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 1st & 2nd Floors, will be temporarily implemented.
Effective June 1, 2010 until further notice, the following changes in the availability of services within the DSC and Permitting Service will be implemented:
- Land Use Review and Building Permit Application Review and Intake. Land Use, Site Development or Building Permit application review, submittal or intake of complete permits/applications will be limited to between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
- Over-the-Counter Questions and Inquiries. Between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM, customers with questions and inquiries about zoning, land use, site development, building and structural codes, regulations, policies, procedures, etc. will be assisted when staffing resources are not necessary for review and intake functions. Between 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM, reduced staff will be focused on assisting customers with general questions. Permit review or intake will not be processed after 12:00 PM.
The Bureau will supply customers visiting the DSC with informational hand-outs outlining alternative resources for obtaining zoning, land use and construction code information. Examples include the BDS webpage, Portlandmaps and the Bureau’s development related information telephone lines.
- Permitting Services (2nd Floor). The Permitting Services hours of operation will change to Tuesday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. On Mondays between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM, staff will be available for the release of permits that have been approved and their pre-issuance completed. Applicants will be contacted when permits reach this stage.
No change is occurring to the following services provided in the DSC, Tuesday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM:
- The DSC First Screen Counter and the Cashier Desk will continue to be staffed and available to direct customers and process payments.
- Trade, sign and A-Board permits and Records Request remain available at the Trade Permit / Resource Records Counter.
- Services provided by BDS Interagency partners co-located in the DSC (Portland Bureau of Transportation, Bureau of Environmental Services, Water Bureau and Portland Parks and Recreation).
We understand that these changes will have impacts on our customers and the citizens of Portland. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation while we work through threes financial and operation challenges. If you have questions or concerns about this Service Level Update, please contact Ross Caron at (503) 823-4268 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
A full list of our Service Level Updates can be found on the BDS website at: www.portlandoregon.gov/bds.
«Print this article in PDF format»