Service Level Update Document:
Development Services Center Hours &
Reserved Times to Submit New Single Family Residence Applications
October 20, 2010. To reduce DSC wait times and streamline the permit intake processes for all customers visiting the Development Services Center (DSC) the following changes listed below will be implemented. The DSC is located at 1900 SW 4th Ave and is open Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M., with the exception of the first bullet, below.
Effective November 2, 2010:
- The Pilot Project started on September 21, 2010 to explore the benefits of opening the DSC doors at 7:30 A.M. for the set-up only of building, site development, and zoning permits will be made permanent. Customers are able to access all other DSC services beginning at 8:00 A.M., including the cashier, trade permits, resource records, land use review submittals, plan review and intake of permit applications.
- New Single Family Residence (NSFR) Permit set-ups will only be conducted Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1:00 P.M. and 3:00 P.M. Complete applications will be screened and permits set up for those applications to construct new 1 and 2 Family Dwellings, new construction of Accessory Dwelling Units, and manufactured homes on individual lots. Appointments for initial plans review with Life Safety and Planning will continue to be scheduled at the time of permit intake.
No change is proposed to the following services provided in the DSC:
- Set up and review of all permit applications other than New 1 & 2 Family Dwellings, will still occur between 7:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- General inquiries are the only service provided by the Life Safety and Planning and Zoning reviewers between 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Trade, Sign and A-Board permits and Records Request remain available at the Trade Permit / Resource Records Counter between 8:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M.
- Services provided by BDS Interagency partners co-located in the DSC will continue to be provided between 8:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. (Portland Bureau of Transportation, Bureau of Environmental Services, and Water Bureau).
We understand that these changes may have impacts on our customers and appreciate your patience and cooperation while we explore and find improved ways to deliver our services. If you have questions or concerns about this change or other Service Level Updates, please contact Ross Caron at (503) 823-4268 or email@example.com.
To obtain detailed information on the major changes that have occurred at BDS over the past year please visit the BDS Website at www.portlandoregon.gov/bds and click on "Service Level Updates."