Hours of Operations
- The DSC is open:
- Tuesday thru Friday – 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. CLOSED Mondays.
- Please see listed Services (below) for service limitations within the hours of operation
Within the hours of operation all services are offered:
- On a first come, first served basis
- We encourage visitors to arrive as early as possible within the service availability timeframes
- Please note that generally Tuesdays are the busiest day of the week
Building Permit Application Review and Intake
- Service Timeframe
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: Beginning at 8:00 AM and ending at 3:00 PM
- Friday: Beginning at 8:00 AM and ending at 12 Noon
If your intake or review is not completed by 3:00 PM, Tuesday through Thursday or by 12:00 PM on Friday, regardless of where you are in the process, you will be required to return another business day in order to continue the process.
- The DSC doors open at 7:30 AM for permit set-up.
- Service Timeframe
Land Use Review Intake
- Service Timeframe: Tuesday through Friday – Beginning at 8:00 AM and ending at 3:00 PM.
- Generally, intake of a complete Land Use Review application requires approx. 1 hour. Please plan your visit accordingly.
New Single Family Construction Permit Set-up and Intake (including new construction of detached Accessory Dwelling Units)
- Service Timeframe: Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Please see the NSFR intake packet information
- For more information regarding NSFR Submittal Hours, please see the Service Level Update:
- General Customer Questions and Inquiries
- Service Timeframe: Tuesday through Friday – Beginning at 8:00 AM and ending at 3:00 PM a limited number of BDS staff are available to assist walk-in customers with general questions.
- These hours apply to customers with general questions for Planning & Zoning, Life Safety Plan Review, Engineering, Site Development, BES, PBOT and Water.
Trade Permits and Records Requests
- Service Timeframe: Tuesday thru Friday – Beginning at 8:00 AM and ending at 3:00 PM.
- Simple Trade Permits may also be purchased online 24/7 and customers can immediately schedule inspections for the next business day. Go online to: http://www.portlandonline.com/bds/index.cfm?c=42781
- Records of permit history can be found online for work performed after the year 2000 at http://www.portlandmaps.com/maps/bds