Amendments to the Portland Zoning Code will take effect on July 11, 2014. The Regulatory Improvement Code Amendment Package 6 (RICAP 6) includes more than 30 Zoning Code amendments and significant changes to four chapters.
Highlights of RICAP 6 include amendments addressing:
- Radio Frequency Transmission Facilities. Amendments address: Federal Communications Commission (FCC) preemption on RF emissions, tower modifications, acoustical noise report requirement for equipment located near residential zones, and effective radiated power thresholds.
- Temporary Activities. Adds references to temporary activities such as off-site construction staging, warming/cooling centers and commercial filming, adds time limits and reorganizes regulations.
- Resource Enhancement Standards. Addresses bank restoration development standards (already in effect in the Airport Plan District) for MCDD/BES projects located in environmental overlay zones.
- Public Art in lieu of Ground Floor Windows. Removes requirement for an adjustment review for Regional Arts and Culture Council approved public art in lieu of meeting ground floor window requirement (in commercial and EX zones outside the central city plan district).
- Historic Resources in the Public Right of Way. Extends the Zoning Code authority to the public right-of-way for the historic resources overlay zone.
For a more expansive summary, see the RICAP 6 Code Amendment Summary.
More information about RICAP and a complete description of the amendments can be found on the Regulatory Improvement webpage.