20 New Employees and Counting…
Now is an excellent time to consider joining BDS’s dynamic and important work force. Due to the ongoing growth in local construction and development, the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) is continuing to hire at a rate not seen for the past 10 (ten) years. This hiring activity has resulted in 20 (twenty) new employees starting at BDS just since June 1, 2015. In order to reach our service level goals, more positions need to be filled.
Several recruitments are underway now, with an additional 5 (five) recruitments planned to open through September and October 2015. The planned recruitments are:
- Plan Review Supervisor
- Development Services Technician II
- Development Services Technician III
- Housing Inspector
Keep informed and find out more
- The City’s Online Employment Center lists BDS and other bureau’s current job announcements.
- City recruitments are posted online Monday mornings, so mark your calendar to browse the City’s Job Opportunities every week.
- If you see a position you are interested in, attend an Information Session. These sessions are designed to help applicants learn more about the job and the application process. Look in the “Additional Information” of each BDS job posting for “Optional Information Sessions”.
- Additional career opportunities will arise as employees are promoted, transfer to new positions, or retire, so STAY CONNECTED. Sign up for City of Portland Job Interest Notifications, and check in on the BDS Career Opportunities.
BDS Careers and You
To learn more about BDS jobs, qualifications, or other BDS career information, please contact Adrienne Edwards in the bureau’s Administrative Services Division. Adrienne can provide an overview of BDS careers, upcoming recruitments, and connect you with appropriate staff who can provide information about specific BDS jobs. All interested persons are encouraged to contact the Bureau of Development Services for more information. Adrienne Edwards can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-4163.