Planned Development Reviews are intended to allow for innovative and creative development while assuring that development will complement the existing neighborhood character. Planned Developments can also be a way to achieve minimum or maximum density requirements on a site that has natural constraints such as large areas of trees, seeps, springs, streams, flood hazard, or potential landslide hazard areas.
A Planned Development Review allows alternative housing types, modification of site-related development standards (such as setbacks), alternative lot sizes for residential lots, some commercial uses in the RF through R1 zones and transfer of development within or between sites. A Planned Development may be the only land use review requested for a site, or may be part of a proposal for a Land Division.
Planned Development Procedure
- Planned Development Reviews are processed through a Type IIx or Type III Procedure.
- To modify an approved Planned Development a Type IIx or Type III review will be required. See Chapter 33.665.
- To modify an approved Planned Unit Development (original review submitted prior to July 1, 2002) a Type IIx or Type III review will be required. See Chapter 33.668.
- Pre-application conferences are required for Type III Planned Developments prior to submittal of the land use review application.
- Application for Land Use Reviews - Complete this application form to apply
- Early Assistance Application - A pre-application conference is required for all Type III Land Use Reviews. Optional Pre-application conferences are also available to discuss other projects
- Planned Development Approval Criteria - Address approval criteria with your Planned Development application
- Planned Development Application Requirements - Submittal checklist for Planned Developments
- Waiver within 120 days - Sign this form within 21 days of application date to allow submittal of new information if a Type III decision is appealed
- Density and Lot Dimension Requirements in Multi-Dwelling Zones - An explanation of how density (allowed number of residential units) is calculated on a site and how lots are measured.
- Density and Lot Dimension Requirements in Single-Dwelling Zones - An explanation of how density (allowed number of residential units) is calculated on a site and how lots are measured.
- Planned Developments - Describes key requirements and process of planned development review.
- Summary of Procedure Types - Summarizes all procedure types.
- Type IIx Procedure Timeline - Outline of timeline for Type IIx Procedures.
- Type III Procedure - Outline of timeline for Type III Procedures.
- Neighborhood Contact - Planned developments require a neighborhood contact prior to submittal of application.
- 33.638 Planned Development
- 33.665 Planned Development Review
- Fee Schedule for Land Use Reviews - A list of all land use fees.
- Fee Schedule for Land Use Reviews in Unincorporated Multnomah County