The full City Council approved Mayor Hales’ FY (fiscal year) 2013-14 Proposed Budget on May 29th, and the final budget was officially adopted on June 20th. The Adopted Budget for BDS includes the following items:
- Approval of our request to add 14.0 FTE, supported by permit revenues.
- Continued General Fund support for 2 Housing Inspector positions (we had requested continued support for 3 positions).
- Continued General Fund support for 3 Housing Inspector positions in the Enhanced Rental Inspections Program.
- Continued General Fund support for one Sr. Housing Inspector position in the Extremely Distressed Properties Enforcement Program.
- Restoration of the mandated 10% General Fund cut to the Noise Control Program (we had requested restoration of the 10% cut to our Neighborhood Inspections and Land Use Services programs as well, but those requests were not approved).
The Council also approved Mayor Hales’ proposal to move the Noise Program to the Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI). We will be working closely with the Mayor’s Office and ONI regarding this transition.
- Continued General Fund support for a half-time (0.5 FTE) Program Coordinator position to support the Citywide Tree Program.
- Conversion of a half-time (0.5 FTE) City Planner II position to full-time (1.0 FTE), funded with fee revenues.
- Continuation of a Senior City Planner position (that would have been cut under the 10% General Fund cut), funded with fee revenues.
- Approval of the Mayor’s proposal for BDS to transfer funds to the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability to fund zoning code rewrites through the Regulatory Improvement Code Amendment Packages (RICAP).
The FY 2013-14 budget goes into effect on July 1st. You can find budget information and links to the bureau’s budget and financial plan documents on the BDS website at http://www.portlandonline.com/bds/index.cfm?c=53730.
If you have questions about the BDS budget, please contact BDS Administrative Services Manager Denise Kleim at (503) 823-7338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.