Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Sewer Rates
Portland residential sewer rates increased 3.6% effective July 1, 2015. The average single family bill increased from $65.25 to $67.60:
- Sewer Services - $40.44 of the average monthly bill pays for sewage treatment, maintenance, and debt service for the sewer system.
- Stormwater Services - $26.57 of the average monthly bill pays for operation, maintenance and debt service of stormwater management facilities.
- Portland Harbor - $0.59 helps fund the city's participation in the ongoing federal Superfund investigation in the Willamette River.
Low Income Assistance Program
Just over $1 per month on an average bill goes to support low-income assistance.
- Qualifying low income customers can receive a discount of $29.95 per month.
- $29.95 credit would reduce the average monthly bill from $67.60 to $37.65.
- Qualifying households must earn 60% or less of state median income.
- About 8,900 currently receive low income assistance.