Boones Ferry Road Culvert Project
Environmental Services and its partners are working on a project to replace a culvert on Tryon Creek under Boones Ferry Road. The existing culvert blocks all upstream fish passage and is too small to allow adequate flow during wet weather. The project will:
- Allow fish to pass into Upper Tryon Creek and Arnold Creek upstream of Boones Ferry Road and will improve stream flow.
- Install large wood and rock to protect fish habitat, reduce erosion and improve water quality.
- Protect an exposed sewer pipe on Tryon Creek upstream of the culvert.
- Install equipment to monitor fish movement after construction.
- Provide pedestrian and wildlife passage through the new culvert.
- Provide trail connectivity to the Tryon Creek State Natural Area North Creek Trailhead. Trail enhancements may include the undercrossing through the culvert, stairs to the roadway, a sidewalk to the trailhead and an interpretive area.
Construction coming in summer 2015
The committee provides Environmental Services with project feedback
Construction expected in summer 2015