Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project
The Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project is replacing 3,800 feet of sewer pipe installed over 100 years ago, constructing 24 green street planters and adding two blocks of pervious paving.
The new greens streets and pervious pavement will keep 1.8 million gallons of stormwater out of the sewer system annually. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Developments of Note
Completed green street planters on SE Ivon now have vegetation and are fully functional
- Very heavy rains can flood streets, cause sewers to back up into basements, carry pollutants to our waterways, and cause sewage overflows to the Willamette River. The new green street planters work with underground infrastructure to address these issues by capturing and naturally treating storm water before it reaches our streams, rivers, or combined sewer system.
- To learn about additional benefits of green street planters visit: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/209685
Sewer construction will delay traffic on SE Cesar Chavez Boulevard at Ivon Street for several days beginning the week of December 29th
- As soon as December 29th, crews will begin to install new main public sewer pipe across Cesar Chavez Boulevard at SE Ivon Street.
- This phase of work is expected to take several days and will delay traffic near the work zone on SE Cesar Chavez Boulevard from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work on Saturdays during the same hours.
- One northbound lane and one southbound lane will be maintained during active construction to accommodate flow of traffic on SE Cesar Chavez Boulevard past the work zone. Please observe traffic control signage and follow flagger directions.
- Crews are not scheduled to work on New Year’s Day.
Pervious (porous) paving on SE Ivon on hold until after the holidays
- Pervious paving on SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues is postponed until further notice, but will not occur until after the new year.
- Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
Trench paving and green street construction has been postponed due to weather
- Depending on subcontractor availability, trench paving and green street construction will resume during windows of dry weather.
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352. To receive occasional email updates for this project, email Matt Gough with “Clinton" in the subject line.