Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project
The Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project is replacing 3,800 feet of sewer pipe installed over 100 years ago, constructing 24 green street planters and adding two blocks of pervious paving.
The new greens streets and pervious pavement will keep 1.8 million gallons of stormwater out of the sewer system annually. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Developments of Note
Throughout March, crews will focus on paving areas patched with temporary asphalt
- Residents next to areas that will be paved will be notified by flier and on-street parking will be restricted.
- Each area requires preparation before paving and there may be a period of inactivity between these steps.
- Paving may be postponed due to wet weather and rescheduled on short notice to take advantage of subcontractor availability and dry weather.
- Additional details regarding each street will be provided as paving is scheduled.
Sewer construction on SE 30th Avenue between Taggart and Clinton is underway
- Sewer construction is expected to take about one more week to complete.
- There may be a period of inactivity between sewer construction and final trench paving.
Pervious paving on SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues will begin after materials testing is complete
- Beginning as soon as April 6, SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues will be closed to all road traffic, 24 hours a day, for about four weeks. Sidewalks will remain open.
- Crews will excavate the existing asphalt and resurface with pervious (or porous) asphalt. Pervious asphalt allows water to go through the street and directly into the ground reducing the amount of stormwater that enters the sewer system.
- Over the course of this work, traffic will be delayed periodically on SE 20th and SE 22nd between SE Division and Clinton streets allow equipment to maneuver safely.
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352. To receive occasional email updates for this project, email Matt Gough with “Clinton" in the subject line.