Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project
The Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project is replacing 3,800 feet of sewer pipe installed over 100 years ago, constructing 24 green street planters and adding two blocks of pervious paving.
The new greens streets and pervious pavement will keep 1.8 million gallons of stormwater out of the sewer system annually. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Developments of Note
Sewer construction on SE Clinton (33rd Place to 35th Avenue) will detour motor vehicles and bicycles beginning next week
- Next week crews are scheduled to begin installing new public sewer mains on SE Clinton between SE 33rd Place and SE 35th Avenue. This phase is expected to take about three to four weeks to complete.
- The size of the work zone will require motor vehicles and bicyclists to be detoured around the work zone Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Motor vehicles will be encouraged to detour to SE Division. Bicyclists will be encouraged to detour toward SE Woodward.
- SE Clinton (between SE 33rd Place and SE 35th Avenue) will be closed to through traffic. Local access for residents living within the work zone will be maintained, but the intersection of SE Clinton and SE 34th Avenue will be closed to all traffic
- Closing SE Clinton (33rd Place to 35th Avenue) is necessary to maintain a safe construction zone. Please help us by using an alternative route if you can, slowing down near work zones, following flagger directions, and observing all traffic control signage. Your cooperation and patience during this important phase is appreciated.
Several Green Streets ready for planting
- Several green streets and corner improvements with Americans with Disabilities (ADA) compliant ramps have been constructed on SE Ivon Street between 21st and 25th avenues.
- Planting has not been scheduled, but will likely occur this fall or spring.
Pervious (porous) paving on SE Ivon has been postponed
- Pervious paving on SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues has been postponed until further notice.
- Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352. To receive occasional email updates for this project, email Matt Gough with “Clinton" in the subject line.