Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project
The Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project is replacing 3,800 feet of sewer pipe installed over 100 years ago, constructing 24 green street planters and adding two blocks of pervious paving.
The new greens streets and pervious pavement will keep 1.8 million gallons of stormwater out of the sewer system annually. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Developments of Note
Sewer construction on SE Clinton (33rd Place and 35th Avenue) will detour motor vehicles beginning next week
- Next week crews are schedule to begin installing new main public sewer on SE Clinton between SE 33rd Place and SE 35th Avenue.
- The size of the work zone will require motor vehicles to detour to SE Woodward during construction hours for about three weeks.
- Bicyclists will continue to be allowed to travel on Clinton using a designated two way path next to the work zone.
- On-street parking on one side of SE Woodward (33rd Place and 35th Avenue) and one side of SE 33rd Place (Clinton to Woodward) will be temporarily removed to accommodate detour traffic flow. Residents will be provided additional notification.
- Please help us maintain a safe environment by slowing down near work zones and following all traffic control signage. Your cooperation and patience during this important phase is appreciated.
Several Green Streets ready for planting
- Several green streets and corner improvements with Americans with Disabilities (ADA) compliant ramps have been constructed on SE Ivon Street between 21st and 25th avenues.
- Planting has not been scheduled, but will likely occur this fall or spring.
Pervious (porous) paving on SE Ivon has been postponed
- Pervious paving on SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues has been postponed until further notice.
- Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352. To receive occasional email updates for this project, email Matt Gough with “Clinton" in the subject line.