Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project
The Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project is replacing 3,800 feet of sewer pipe installed over 100 years ago, constructing 24 green street planters and adding two blocks of pervious paving.
The new greens streets and pervious pavement will keep 1.8 million gallons of stormwater out of the sewer system annually. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Developments of Note
Trench paving of SE 34th Avenue (SE Clinton to Division) and SE Clinton Street (SE 33rd Place to 35th Avenue) is scheduled for early December
- Public sewer pipe and manhole construction is near completion in this area. Trench paving and construction of two green street planters and corner improvement at SE Clinton and 34th Street remain.
- Trench paving is scheduled for early December, but wet weather may delay work resulting in a period of inactivity.
- The detour around the work zone will remain in place as needed. Please help us maintain a safe construction zone by using an alternative route if you can, slowing down near work zones, following flagger directions, and observing all traffic control signage.
Public sewer construction on SE Ivon Street (SE 38th to Cesar Chavez Boulevard) is scheduled for early December
- Crews are scheduled to begin open trench sewer construction the first week of December on SE Ivon Street between SE 38th Avenue and Cesar Chavez Boulevard. This phase is expected to take about three weeks.
- The contractor will maintain local access, but on-street parking will be restricted as needed. Residents may experience delays exiting and entering their driveways during construction hours.
Please help us reduce illegal dumping by reporting incidents to Metro at 503-234-3000
- Illegal dumping of garbage and unwanted household items has recently become an issue in the work zone. This can cause unnecessary delays in the project, as well as increased costs to take these items to the landfill.
- Metro’s RID Patrol (Regional Illegal Dumping) investigates reports of illegal dumping. They can be reached by calling 503-234-3000 and asking for illegal dumping enforcement.
Pervious (porous) paving on SE Ivon remains on hold
- Pervious paving on SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues is postponed until further notice.
- Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352. To receive occasional email updates for this project, email Matt Gough with “Clinton" in the subject line.