Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project
The Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project is replacing 3,800 feet of sewer pipe installed over 100 years ago, constructing 24 green street planters and adding two blocks of pervious paving.
The new greens streets and pervious pavement will keep 1.8 million gallons of stormwater out of the sewer system annually. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Developments of Note
Preparation for sewer construction on SE 35th Avenue between Clinton and Division is scheduled to begin the week of February 2nd
- Crews will begin mobilizing equipment and conducting preconstruction activities such as marking utilities and saw cutting pavement that will be excavated.
- On-street parking will be restricted as needed to create a safe work zone and for storage of equipment and materials.
Sewer construction on SE 36th Avenue between SE Clinton and Division will continue for about four more weeks
- Crews will complete main public sewer pipe, manhole, and lateral construction in phases and patch trenches with temporary asphalt.
- There may be a period of inactivity between sewer construction and final trench paving.
Green street planter construction will periodically delay northbound traffic on SE Cesar Chavez Boulevard at Ivon for about two weeks
- Crews are scheduled to construct green street planters on the northeast and southeast corners of SE Cesar Chavez Boulevard and SE Ivon Street.
- This work will periodically close one northbound lane on SE Cesar Chavez Boulevard from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work on Saturdays during the same hours.
Construction of two green street planters on SE 34th Avenue at Clinton Street will continue for about two weeks
- Traffic control will be in place as necessary to create a safe work zone. Vehicles and bicyclists may experience delays periodically.
- Please observe traffic control signage and follow flagger directions.
Pervious (porous) paving on SE Ivon remains on hold
- Pervious paving on SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues is postponed until further notice.
- Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
Completed green street planters on SE Ivon now have vegetation and are fully functional
- Very heavy rains can flood streets, cause sewers to back up into basements, carry pollutants to our waterways, and cause sewage overflows to the Willamette River. The new green street planters work with underground infrastructure to address these issues by capturing and naturally treating storm water before it reaches our streams, rivers, or combined sewer system.
- To learn about additional benefits of green street planters visit: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/209685
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352. To receive occasional email updates for this project, email Matt Gough with “Clinton" in the subject line.