Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project
The Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project is replacing 3,800 feet of sewer pipe installed over 100 years ago, constructing 24 green street planters and adding two blocks of pervious paving.
The new greens streets and pervious pavement will keep 1.8 million gallons of stormwater out of the sewer system annually. These improvements will protect public health, property and the environment, and reduce the possibility of sewage releases into streets, homes and businesses.
Developments of Note
A detour on SE Clinton (33rd Place to 35th Avenue) remains in effect
- For about three more weeks crews will continue to focus on public sewer pipe and manhole construction on SE Clinton between SE 33rd Place and SE 35th Avenue.
- A detour around the work zone will be in effect and the work zone will continue to be closed to through traffic as needed during construction hours. Additionally, the intersection of SE Clinton and SE 34th Avenue will be closed when necessary.
- Please help us maintain a safe construction zone by using an alternative route if you can, slowing down near work zones, following flagger directions, and observing all traffic control signage. Note:Eastbound bicycle traffic may want to access SE Woodward prior to the detour to avoid a hill on SE 33rd Place between SE Clinton and SE Woodward.
- Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this important phase.
Pervious (porous) paving on SE Ivon remains on hold
- Pervious paving on SE Ivon Street between 20th and 21st avenues and between 21st and 22nd avenues is postponed until further notice.
- Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
For More Information
Contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352. To receive occasional email updates for this project, email Matt Gough with “Clinton" in the subject line.