Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Sewer Rates
Portland Sewer Rates Fiscal Year 2014-2015
Portland sewer rates increased on July 1, 2014, the start of the city's 2014-2015 fiscal year.
- The average monthly sewer bill for single family residential sewer customers increased 4.0%.
- The 4.0% rate increase makes Portland's average monthly residential bill for sewer and stormwater services an estimated $65.25.
Environmental Services collects sewer fees to pay for:
- Sewer Services - 60.0%, or $39.11, of the average monthly bill pays for sewage treatment, maintenance, and debt service for the sewer system.
- Stormwater Services - 39.4%, or $25.73, of the average monthly bill pays for operation, maintenance and debt service of stormwater management facilities.
- Portland Harbor - 0.6%, or $0.41, helps fund the city's participation in the ongoing federal Superfund investigation in the Willamette River.
- Debt Service for sewer and stormwater infrastructure accounts for about 49.9% or $32.54 of the average monthly bill.