The Superfund law gives federal, state and Tribal Natural Resource Trustees the authority to seek compensation for natural resources damaged by contamination at a Superfund site.
The Natural Resource Trustees include:
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- The Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community of Oregon
- The Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation
- The Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation of Oregon
- The Nez Perce Tribe
- The Yakama Nation
The City of Portland has provided funding to the Trustees for damage assessment and restoration planning work, and will continue to work with the Trustees on restoration in the Portland Harbor.
The city is very involved in natural resource restoration work in all of Portland’s watersheds, not just in Portland Harbor. For more information on the City's natural restoration work Click here. For more information on the Portland Harbor Trustees Click here .