Environmental Services has completed the design and will begin construction in the summer of 2013 of a new sewage pump station at the end of SW 86th Avenue near the Fanno Pump Station to increase capacity in the pressure sewer system. The added capacity will ensure that the system can handle all wastewater flows during large rain storms. The new pump station will operate year-round. The existing pump station will operate in the winter to manage higher wastewater flows.
Each facility will pump sewage through one of the two new 30-inch steel pipes that are part of the reconstructed pressure sewer system.
In 2010, a Washington County Hearings Officer denied the city's application to construct the second pump station on the existing pump station property. Environmental Services purchased property adjacent to the existing pump station for the new facility. In April 2012, Washington County approved Environmental Services plans to construct the SW 86th Avenue Pump Station at the site. The following application documents are available for download and review:
- Type III Special Use and Development Review Application
- Type II Floodplain Alteration Application
- Attachment I - Development Application Form and Supplemental Information Forms
- Attachment II - Tax Maps
- Attachment III - Neighborhood Meeting Materials
- Attachment IV - Engineering Studies
- Attachment V - Pump Station Construction Management Plan
- Attachment VI - City of Portland Public Facilities Plan