CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: November 14, 2014
Construction continues on a project in your neighborhood to repair or replace about 40,000 feet of severely deteriorated sewer pipes that are more than 60 years old. The work will make the sewer system work more effectively and protect water quality, public health and the environment.
Developments of Note
The schedule changed significantly since the last notice due to various unforeseen circumstances, including weather and utility coordination.
Below is the estimated construction schedule for the next few weeks. Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to a variety of factors, including underground conditions, weather, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials. As the contractor completes construction on each street, work crews apply a temporary asphalt patch. They will return at a later date to apply permanent paving.
Week November 17
- SE 41st Avenue (at SE Carlton) – Open cut, connect or install manholes, install new branches to connect houses to main public sewer pipe.
- SE Carlton Street (at SE 41st) – Pipe burst, connect or install manholes, install new branches to connect houses to main public sewer pipe.
- SE Reedway Street (at SE 41st) – Start pipe burst, connect or install manholes, install new branches to connect houses to main public sewer pipe.
- SE 28th Avenue (between SE Martins and Woodstock) – Open cut and connect or install manholes.
Week of November 24 (NO WORK ON 11/27 AND 11/28 FOR THANKSGIVING)
- SE Reedway Street (at SE 41st) – Continue pipe burst, connect or install manholes, install new branches to connect houses to main public sewer pipe.
- SE 28th Avenue (between SE Martins and Woodstock) – Continue open cut and connect or install manholes.
- SE 40th Avenue (at SE Reedway and north) – Open cut and connect or install manholes, install new branches to connect houses to main public sewer pipe.
Construction should be completed by summer 2015. The project area is bordered by SE Woodstock Boulevard on the north, SE 28th Avenue on the west, SE 45th Avenue on the east and SE Crystal Springs Boulevard on the south.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust and will disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- Traffic control signs will be set up. The contractor will maintain local access, but you should expect delays.
- On-street parking in or near the work area will be prohibited during construction hours. Please plan to move your vehicle each day by 7:00 a.m.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a City of Portland safety vest and hard hat.
- Please stay clear of all construction activities. Please keep your children from harm and instruct them to stay clear of all construction activities. We also appreciate your keeping pets and vehicles out of the construction areas.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Learn more about this project at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/eastmorelandwoodstock. To receive project updates by email, send an email to Debbie Caselton at Debbie.Caselton@portlandoregon.gov with “Eastmoreland” in the subject line.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption of your residence or commercial business, and open and honest communication with you throughout the project.