Construction on this segment of the project is complete.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction creates noise, vibration, dust, and disruption to normal neighborhood activity.
- A city construction inspector is on-site during work hours. If you have an immediate need during construction, the on-site inspector may be able to assist you.
- Construction hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may work the same hours on Saturday if needed.
- Construction increases traffic congestion in the area.
- Expect delays in getting to your destination.
The intersections of NE 57th and Stanton and NE 57th and Siskiyou are closed to traffic while work occurs in the intersection. Only one intersection will be closed at a time.
Flaggers will guide traffic through the work zone.
Parking is prohibited in the work zone.
Construction equipment and materials are secured and left on the street after hours.
The city’s contractor is using open cut construction to repair sewers. There are several steps, and there may be periods of inactivity between the steps.
- Saw cutting of pavement
- Open trench installation of main line and temporary patch paving
- Installing lateral service lines and storm inlets from the mainline to the curb
- Removing temporary paving and replacing with permanent paving
Future Sewer Project
Environmental Services is designing another sewer project to replace aging pipes in this general area of Portland. The Rose City Park Sewer Repair Project is tentatively scheduled to begin construction in spring 2014 and finish in fall 2015. The project boundaries are between NE Fremont Street and Interstate 84, and NE 50th and NE 75th.