Construction on this segment of the project is complete.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust and will disrup normal neighborhood activity.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours. If you have an immediate need during construction, the on-site inspector may be able to assist you.
- Construction hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may work the same hours on Saturday if needed.
- Traffic congestion in the area will increase.
- Expect delays in getting to your destination.
- Flaggers may guide traffic through the work zone.
- Parking will be prohibited in the work zone.
- Construction equipment and materials will be secured and left on the street after hours.
The city’s contractor will use open cut construction to repair sewers. There are several steps, and there may be periods of inactivity between the steps.
- Saw cutting of pavement
- Open trench installation of main line and temporary patch paving
- Installing lateral service lines and storm inlets from the mainline to the curb
- Removing temporary paving and replacing with permanent paving