Environmental Services continues to repair or replace about 25,000 feet of public sewer pipes in the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood that are between 80 and 100 years old and deteriorating due to age. This project will help protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages and sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets.
What We've Heard From You
Most of the sewer repairs in the neighborhood east of Milwaukie are complete, except for a few sections on SE 18th, SE 19th and SE 21st. Crews have been making progress on sewer repairs near Sellwood Park, completing most of the repairs on SE Nehalem, SE 7th and SE 11th. They hope to wrap up work on the remaining blocks in that area within the next several weeks.
The anticipated construction schedule for the next three weeks is subject to change due to underground conditions, weather, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
Week of September 28th:
- SE Nehalem Street (between 9th and 11th) – install new branches to individual properties
- SE 8th (between Spokane and dead end to north) – open trench construction of main public sewer line, pour concrete for manhole in front of 7968 and 7969 (at dead end)
- SE 18th Ave (between Claybourne and Knapp) – install new branches to individual properties
- At Waverley Country Club – pour concrete for new manholes
Week of October 5th:
- SE 7th Ave – install branch to property at 8012
- SE 8th Ave (between Spokane and dead end to north) – open trench construction of main public sewer line, pour concrete for manhole in front of 7968 and 7969 (at dead end), install branches to individual properties
- SE Harney Street (between 9th and 11th) – stage equipment and materials for upcoming work
- SE 18th Ave (between Claybourne and Knapp) – prepare for and conduct pipe bursting from Claybourne to 7114 SE 18th, prepare for pipe bursting from 7114 SE 18th to Knapp Street, install branches to individual properties
- At Waverley Country Club – finish installing manholes, conduct CIPP lining of sewer lines
Week of October 12th:
- SE Harney Street (between 9th and 11th) – start work in manhole at intersection with 9th
- SE 18th Ave (between Bybee and Knapp) – prepare for and conduct pipe bursting, install branches to individual properties
- Crews plan to pour manhole channels and storm drains in various locations around the neighborhood
- Crews plan to pave the following streets if weather permits:
- SE Martins between 13th and 16th
- SE Glenwood between 14th and 16th
- SE 16th between Martins and Bybee
- SE Nehalem between 7th and 11th
- SE 7th between Nehalem and Spokane
- SE 8th between Spokane and dead end to north
- SE 11th between Bidwell and Nehalem
For More Information
To report concerns during night work, please call the on-site hotline at 503-823-1257. You may also call the Portland Noise Control Office at 503-823-7350. If you have other questions about the project, contact Amy Higgs at 503-975-7073. To receive regular email updates about this project, please send an email to Amy with “Sellwood-Moreland” in the subject line.