Environmental Services continues to repair or replace about 25,000 feet of public sewer pipes in the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood that are between 80 and 100 years old and deteriorating due to age. This project will help protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages and sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets.
Developments of Note
Our plan regarding leaf removal has changed. Properties on streets where construction is occurring and where construction equipment is being stored will still get leaf clean-up, but those blocks will be issued a new leaf-pick-up date by the City’s Leaf Day group. Sewer repair crews cannot consolidate equipment all on one block during leaf clean-up because we need to maintain visibility and street width for motorist and pedestrian safety. You will receive a notice if leaf clean-up will be rescheduled for your block.
The anticipated construction schedule for the next three weeks is subject to change due to underground conditions, weather, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
Over the next three weeks, crews plan to pour manhole channels and storm drains in various locations around the neighborhood.
Weather permitting, crews plan to pave the following streets:
- SE 11th between Bidwell and Nehalem
- SE Milwaukie in front of 7743, 7754, 7813, and 7805 SE Milwaukie
- SE 16th in front of 1537, 1605, 1610, 6720, and 6723
- The corner of SE Ochoco and SE 9th
- SE 18th between Bybee and Knapp
- SE Harney between 9th and 11th
- SE 18th from 7306 to 7424
Week of November 9th:
- SE Harney St. (between 11th and 15th) - Open trench construction of main public sewer line
- SE 19th Ave. (between 6114 SE 19th and SE Tolman) - Prepare for and conduct pipe bursting, and install new branches to individual properties
- SE 19th Ave. (between SE Tolman and 6416 SE 19th) - Prepare for pipe bursting
Week of November 16th:
- SE Harney St. (between 13th and 15th) - Open trench construction of main public sewer line
- SE 19th Ave. (between SE Tolman and 6416 SE 19th) - Prepare for and conduct pipe bursting, and install new branches to individual properties
- SE 19th Ave. (between 6426 SE 19th and SE Claybourne St.) - Prepare for pipe bursting
Week of November 23rd (work between Monday and Wednesday only):
- SE Harney St. (between 13th and 15th) - Open trench construction of main sewer line, install new branches to individual properties
- SE 19th Ave. (between 6426 and SE Claybourne St.) - Prepare for and conduct pipe bursting, install new branches to individual properties
For More Information
To report concerns during night work, please call the on-site hotline at 503-823-1257. You may also call the Portland Noise Control Office at 503-823-7350. If you have other questions about the project, contact Amy Higgs at 503-975-7073. To receive regular email updates about this project, please send an email to Amy with “Sellwood-Moreland” in the subject line.