Work is scheduled to start on the SW Montgomery Drive and SW Ravensview Drive segments in February 2013.
To prepare for the large construction equipment the contractor will use on this project, some street trees and low branches may be trimmed. The trimming will reduce the possibility of large equipment damaging trees and will help ensure public safety.
The contractor will use open cut construction method. There are several steps, and there may be periods of inactivity between steps.
- Saw cutting pavement
- Open trench installation of main line and temporary patch paving
- Installing lateral service lines and storm inlets from the mainline to the curb
- Removing temporary paving and replacing with permanent paving
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust and disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- Parking will be prohibited in the work zone.
- Traffic congestion in the area will increase and you may experience delays in getting to your destination.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours. If you have an immediate need during construction, the on-site inspector may be able to assist you.
For More Information
If you would like to receive project updates by email, send an email to Marie Wright and enter "Rose City Project" in the subject line. Please indicate which segment of the project you are interested in.