Environmental Services is currently working to complete the replacement of public sewers and lateral connections to the curb on SE 41st Avenue. These replacements will increase sewer capacity and reduce the potential for basement backups.
Developments of Note and Construction Schedule
- The pipe installation on SE 39th,40th and Harrison streets have been completed. Remaining restoration to the area will be completed over the next few weeks.
- Our contractor is currently nearing completion of the installation of the 42 inch concrete pipe on SE 41st Avenue.
- Once the main line installation is completed work will begin to replace the lateral connection to the curb for each residence. About 25 connections will be replaced.
- When the pipe installation is completed the road will be paved. This is tentatvely scheduled for the week of December 9. The paving process is weather dependent, requiring dry weather and temperatures above 40 degrees.
What to Expect During Construction
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays if necessary.
- There will be lane restrictions and closures with flaggers guiding traffic, including on some one-way streets temporarily opened to two-way traffic. We will work to accommodate business and delivery needs to the best of our ability.
- You will have access to your property during work hours, but you may be delayed entering or leaving your street or driveway.
- On-street parking in and near the work area is prohibited during work hours.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- A city construction inspector is on-site during work hours, and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a safety vest and hard hat.
- You will have sewer service at all times, even when work is near your building.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations or deliveries, disability issues or medical deliveries.