Construction began on SW Florida Street on February 11, 2013.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust and disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- Parking is prohibited in the work zone.Traffic congestion in the area will increase and you may experience delays in getting to your destination.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours. If you have an immediate need during construction, the on-site inspector may be able to assist you.
Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries.
The city's contractor is using open trench construction. There are several steps, and there may be periods of inactivity between the steps.
- Saw cutting of pavement
- Open trench installation of main line and temporary patch paving
- Installing lateral service lines and storm inlets from the mainline to the curb
- Removing temporary paving and replacing with permanent paving. This step is weather dependent.
For More Information
Contact Marie Wright at 503-823-5352