What to Expect During Construction
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust and disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- Parking will be prohibited in the work zone.Traffic congestion in the area will increase and you may experience delays in getting to your destination.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours. If you have an immediate need during construction, the on-site inspector may be able to assist you.
Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries.
The contractor will use open cut construction. There are several steps, and there may be periods of inactivity between steps:
- Saw cutting pavement
- Open trench installation of main line and temporary patch paving
- Installing lateral service lines and storm inlets from the mainline to the curb
- Removing temporary paving and replacing with permanent paving
Other Sewer Projects in Your Area
Environmental Services plans to start work on the Grant Park Sewer Repair Project in spring 2014 and finish in spring 2015. The work areas will be between NE Siskiyou Street and Interstate 84 from NE 24th to NE 33rd avenues.