Our friends at East Multnomah County Soil and Water Conservation District have a number of opportunities coming up to learn about rain gardens, naturescaping, and site planning. From the EMSWCD website:
Itching to dig up fresh ideas for your yard & Garden? Don't forget about our fabulous (and FREE!) workshops that offer low-cost, sustainable gardening tips & resources for all levels of do-it-yourself yard & garden enthusiasts. (You can view the full workshop descriptions here.)
Rain Gardens 101: Learn to grow a rain garden!
* 3/23 - Whitaker Ponds Nature Park
* 4/6 - Troutdale Community Building
* 4/21 - Hollywood Senior Center
* 4/27 - Pilgrim Lutheran Church
Naturescaping Basics: Learn low-maintenance, natural gardening techniques that save you time, money and energy!
* 3/30 - Tabor Space
* 4/14 - Historic Kenton Firehouse
* 4/20 - Livingscape
* 5/5 - Kennedy School
* 5/18 - Troutdale Community Building
Site Planning 1: An extension of Naturescaping Basics: how to prepare a naturescaping site plan.
* 5/4 - Historic Kenton Firehouse
* 5/19 - Whitaker Ponds Nature Park
Site Planning 2: Share your landscape site plan and receive personalized advice from our landscape specialists.
* 4/17 - EMSWCD Office
* 5/15 - EMSWCD Office