December 2, 2014
Environmental Services is replacing 10,030 feet of public sewer pipes that are between 92 and 104 years old and in poor condition. The project will also construct 62 manholes, 38 storm drains, 955 feet of storm drain pipe, and 3,870 feet of service laterals to connect houses and businesses to the rebuilt public sewer. The replacement and repair of aging and failing pipes and other infrastructure will help protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages and sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets.
Developements of Note
- Major sewer pipe construction is complete.
- Crews will now focus efforts on end of project activities such as restoring curbs, spot paving, and cleaning.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Please stay clear of all construction activities. Please keep your children from harm and instruct them to stay clear of all construction activities. We also appreciate your keeping pets and vehicles out of the construction areas.
- Traffic control signs are in place. The contractor maintains local access, but you should expect delays. In some cases, construction activities may impact normal use of your driveway.
- On-street parking in or near the work area may be limited. Please observe no parking signs.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- A city inspector is on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a safety vest and hard hat.
For More Information
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption of your residence or commercial business, and open and honest communication with you throughout the project.