This project will repair deteriorating sewer pipes in parts of the Vernon, Sabin, and Alameda neighborhoods. Sewers in these neighborhoods are between 90 to 100 years old. Environmental Services will replace both sewer pipes and lateral pipes that connect individual properties to the public sewer. The city's contractor will use both open trench construction and cured-in-place pipe lining to repair sewers.
Work on the first phase of this project, Vernon-Sabin-Alameda North, began in spring 2013 and will take about one year to complete.
Work on the second phase, Vernon-Sabin-Alameda South, will begin in late 2013 and take about a year to complete.
There will be two construction phases (please see maps and schedules below).
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction will create noise, vibration and dust and disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- Parking will be prohibited in the work zone.
- Traffic congestion in the area will increase and you may experience delays in getting to your destination.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours. If you have an immediate need during construction, the on-site inspector may be able to assist you.
Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries.
For More Information
VSA South Schedule
Construction will start in late 2013 and will take about one year to complete. For information about