October 31, 2014
As part of the City of Portland’s effort to provide properties with sewer connections that comply with city code, Environmental Services has begun construction on the Inner NE Sewer Extension project. This project will also help protect public health, property, and the environment by increasing the capacity of the public sewer system, reducing the potential for basement backups, and reducing the likelihood of emergency maintenance work in the future.
Developments of Note
- Crews are scheduled to install the last segments of public sewer pipe this week and will apply a temporary asphalt patch over trenches.
- Remaining final trench paving is scheduled for early November, but is dependent on weather and subcontractor availability.
- After pipe work and paving is completed, crews will focus on restoration of sidewalks and curbs.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Please stay clear of all construction activities and keep children, pets and vehicles out of construction areas.
- Traffic control signs are in place. The contractor maintains local access, but you should expect delays.
- On-street parking in or near the work area may be limited. Please observe no parking signs.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- There may be periods of inactivity between construction phases.
- A city inspector is on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a safety vest with “City of Portland” on the back and hard hat.
For More Information
Thank you for your cooperation during this important sewer extension project. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, including medical or other delivery needs, access, etc; we will be happy to work with you.